Monday, July 30, 2012

Back at it!

After Vineman, I decided to give the working out a bit of a rest. I didn't bike (except to ride the commuter to yoga class), I didn't run and although I still went to swim, I didn't put forth much effort in the pool.

I also ate just about anything I could shove in my face.

It was a lovely vacation, but it must come to an end. I'm racing the Malibu tri in September, the Santa Monica 5000 ( a 10k), in October, and then the Los Angeles Half Marathon in January.

All events are considerably closer to my house than Northern California!

I'm looking forward to seeing how I can do on just the half marathon (with no swim or bike beforehand!), also this gives me a training goal which will see me through the normally fatty-food filled holiday season ("No pie for me, thanks. I've got a race in three weeks").

My run program officially started yesterday, and I'm really shocked at how much fitness I've lost in two weeks. Or maybe I'm not. There's been a lot of butter.

It'll come back - I'm just doing the sprint at Malibu, and the half marathon is five months away. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks!