Saturday, April 21, 2012

The need to feed an addiction

I hate it when I get addicted to a product, and all of a sudden it's gone. It happens more often with bras (I'm hard to fit) and underpants that won't ride up, but this time, it's happened with sunscreen.

I've got very sensitive skin that's prone to burning (curse my Irish ancestors), so many of the sunblocks either don't work well enough or make me break out.

Neither is good, of course.

So when I found Scape, I was happy. They made an SPF 50 which didn't run into my eyes, didn't wear off and didn't make my skin break out.

Except that I'm out and I've had a horrible time finding it.

I checked all the usual places, and no one had it, but at Tri-Lab, they told me that the company  has simply stopped responding to vendors. They've been ignoring re-order requests and aren't returning phone calls.

Supposedly this has been going on for two months, and the assumption is that the company is out of business.

Dammit.

What the hell am I supposed to do now? The other sunblocks on the market either stink like death, don't work, make me break out, or cost so much I can't afford to use them.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks!