Monday, April 16, 2012

Bicycle Christmas!

Twice a year, the city of Los Angeles sponsors CicLAvia, which closes streets downtown to cars and lets the cyclists, runners, roller bladers, etc.. take over the streets.

It was conceived as a way to force Angelenos to interact with each other and think about our streets as a public, shared space, and it's become so wildly popular that it's starting to become a victim of it's own success, but despite the crowds, it was a wonderful way to cruise downtown. This event always leaves me with a huge smile on my face.

Double Dutch in the street.

Pinata district. Yes, this is a real thing.

Fairy wings, and a sweet Xtracycle.

Steel drums. Gave the intersection a Caribbean feel.

Car-Free streets! Yay!

Traffic jam

4th St. Bridge, downtown, closed to car traffic.


The next event is in October, and I wish it was sooner. I always have such a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks!