Sunday, February 26, 2012

Rest(less) day

Although I know rest days are vital to any workout plan, they still make me nuts.

I feel like I should be up and doing something - anything - other than sitting around.

I look longingly at the bikes hanging on the wall and think what a lovely day it is for a ride, but I can't because I have to rest.

Dammit. I hate it.

That's weird, isn't it?

Someone saying that they hate the idea of not working out?

It's weird. I know, but I also know that I really need the rest, especially with Death Valley coming up in less than a week.

I've decided that I'll be satisfied with anything over 50 miles, and extremely happy if I can make the 100 miles.

But then again, I might lose my mind and decide that they're going to drag me off the course when my cold, stiff carcass misses the cutoff point.

I'm not bringing Gary - I'm renting a really nice aluminum/carbon road bike from an awesome local bike shop called Zone 3 Multisport.

When I went in to reserve the bike, the guy who works there picked up Gary, looked at me and said "Oh, you're going to fly on our bike".

So, the schedule is: rest today (dammit), run/swim tomorrow, long ride Tuesday, swim Wednesday, yoga or stretch Thursday, Friday I'm off to Death Valley, and Saturday's the ride.

Two weeks from now is the Solvang Century ride (should be cake after Death Valley), and then I'm back to regular training for Vineman 70.3 and commuting on the Cannondale, which as of late's been doing a whole lot of nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks!