Monday, November 21, 2011

BadIdeaVille. Population: Me.

My doctor is a good guy, and also a cyclist, which is why I brave the crosstown commute to see him rather than someone closer to me who's also in network.

Today, I had an 8:30 am appointment, and since yesterday's heavy rains had stopped and the sun was out, I decided to ride the bike instead of drive.

Sure, the roads were wet, but what's the point of hauling around the extra weight of disc brakes if you don't really use them once in a while?

I'd forgotten about car tires and wet roads.

Needless to say, by the time I got to the doctor's office in Hollywood, I was not only soaked to the skin, but filthy from the damp road gunk that had been thrown up into my face by passing cars.

Awesome.

I had a short conversation with said doctor about my blood pressure (not so bad!) and my registering for the Spring Death Valley Ultra Century.

According to my doctor, the ride is terrible with crosswinds and very, very taxing.

Also according to my doctor, they have SAG wagons so I can quit if I get tired.

Yeah, that's going to happen.

I don't predict quitting unless something catastrophic happens, and maybe not even then.

We'll see. The ride is in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks!