Sunday, March 20, 2011

Why I'm fundraising for Team in Training


Why am I fundraising for Team in Training?

Because my family has a long and storied history with cancer.

My mother died of brain cancer.

An aunt had uterine cancer.

Another aunt has had both breast and pancreatic cancer (and has beaten them both- talk about a tough lady!).

My grandmother had breast cancer.

My uncle had colon cancer.

The list goes on, and on, and on.

Just because blood cancers aren't on my list of personal tragedies doesn't mean they don't matter to me. Together, we can fight them by donating to fund research for new drugs and support and treatments for current patients.

Me? I've been lucky and blessed to be so healthy that I can swim, bike and run even though no one's chasing me in an effort to raise money to fight cancer.

Please join me in this fight and donate today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks!